Thursday, January 15, 2015

Duuuuude. Deep thoughts.

The deep thought I had while driving to Mccutcheon High School today (I am subbing) (P.S. No wonder Harrison hated this school, it's out in the middle of fucking nowhere!) But back to the point.. I was thinking about where my life would have been if the way it was had not been real. If I had gone to another school, hung out with different people when I was in High School, or done any number of different things than I have already done. You start to think about where you would be, what you would be doing now, and what it would be like if you lived a different way of life. This then makes you think of the question "Why did it come out this way?" .. And i'm not saying I wish my life was different or that I'm not happy with the way my life is now, but it makes you think deeper about everything! Whether we are destined to be where we are or is it all just luck? One of my favorite quotes is from the movie Signs where Graham Hess (Mel Gibson) asks his brother, Merrill Hess (Joaquin Phoenix) what kind of person he is. He says "Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that some people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

This to me brings up a lot of questions as to who we are to the very core. Do we believe that we are on a straight path of pre-destiny or are we on a path that is going to go every which way but forward until we end up wherever we end up because of luck or chance?

If you're religious, look up Romans 8:29 .. See what you think of that one! If you're not religious, try to think of this deeply because this is something that will rattle humans until the day we die.

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment